Developer of IP desktop phones and communications solutions, snom, have launched a new range of UC (unified communications) compatible IP desktop phones that are also qualified for use with Microsoft Lync Server 2010.
The new range of phones include the snom 821 UC and the snom 300 UC, which work with Lync Server 2010 and are the only phones currently on the market that are compatible with both Lync and other SIP-based PBX systems. The new snom 600 UC, also part of the new range, is a purpose-built USB desktop phone that operates with the Lync soft client.
Dr Michael Knieling, Executive Vice President of Marketing & Sales at snom, said in a release, “The introduction of the snom UC edition featuring these two categories of phones qualified for Microsoft Lync provides businesses with the broad flexibility to utilise phones that can work in a pure UC environment or a hybrid UC and IP PBX environment.” He continued, “These phones dramatically help re-shape the economies for organisations deploying Microsoft Lync and provide businesses with a set of phones with superior features, elegant design and competitive price prints.”
snom’s UC portfolio expands functionality by including Lync’s productivity features including presence and quick dialling via Lync buddy lists. Features include:
• Server side address book search with integrated presence.
• Presence integrated in call history, contact list and search results.
• Advanced security on server side, controlled keyboard lock.
• Mapping of favourite contacts on 3 colour buttons , with instant presence view.
• WLAN support and G722 wideband support.
• Integrated 1 Gigabit switch.
• High resolution TFT colour display.
• Intuitive and user-friendly menu structure.
• 5-way conferencing.
• caller identification.
• Import/export of directory/phonebook.
• Speed dial and local dial plan.
• Call handling, up to 12 calls, simultaneously.
• 6 programmable function keys, headset connection.
• 2 Ethernet ports, 4 SIP registrations.
Mike Storella, COO at snom, said, “With Microsoft Lync deployments accelerating in both the enterprise and small business markets, snom can now offer the best mix of desktop phones tested and qualified for Lync to match any sized customer environment or fit any industry.” He continues, “The snom UC portfolio delivers value to our distributors, resellers and customers, providing them with an end point solution that blends a rich feature set with affordability and choice.”
Kirk Gregersen, Senior Director of Lync Marketing at Microsoft, added, “Microsoft is pleased to work with snom on its new line of IP business phones – snom UC – that is compatible with Microsoft Lync Server 2010. Our business customers will benefit from the innovation, choice and value that snom UC phones can deliver due to their open, standards-based approach with Lync.”